This is a .psd file with all you need to create almost any coat color you want within a few minutes!
- A premade "Palomino" Coat (with golden/silky coat, dark skin, brown eyes, pigmented hooves and Lineart) layer
- A premade "Chestnut" Coat (with copper/silky coat, dark skin, brown eyes, pigmented hooves and Lineart) layer
- A premade "Bay" Coat (with multicolored bay coat, dark skin, brown eyes, pigmented hooves, black legs, mane and tail and Lineart) layer
- A premade "Sunbleach Black" Coat (with black coat, dark skin, brown eyes, pigmented hooves and Lineart) layer
- A premade "Albino" base (white/silky coat, pink skin, blue eyes, unpigmented hooves and lighter colored Lineart) layer. This is the lowest layer in this file.
plus a backup folder with all parts used to create the upper coats (Light Lineart, Dark Lineart, PinkSkin, PigmentedSkin, Black/Bay/Chestnut/Palomino/Albino base and the Greyscale).How to use:
1. Decide which main coat color you want by making the Coat layer active/visible (e.g. "chestnut"). You can now adjust the base color by Ctrl+L or Ctrl+M (lighten/darken) or Ctrl+B (adjust color).
2. To add some markings, pick the eraser tool and simply erase the parts where you want to add markings. The "Albino" layer will shine through. You don't have to bother when erasing the skin around the eyes, it will automatically turn to pink skin with blue eyes. DONE!
You can create ANY possible marking!
Striped hooves: Just erase some lines in the upper (black/bay/chestnut/palomino) coat layer, the unpigmented hoof from the "Albino" layer below will shine through.
Pinto Pattern: Simply erase the parts you want to be white with a big, hard edged round brush (100% opacity)
Partly white tail: Resize the eraser to a very small round 100% opacity brush and draw some single "hair strands" into the colored coat, make sure to follow the direction of the tail hair.
Chimera and brindle: Simply switch the visibility of two coats (eg. chestnut and bay) on and blend them into each other by erasing parts of the upper coat.
Roans: Use a Roan brush (for example: Roaning Brush
) instead of the basic eraser (round brush) and erase the areas where you want the roaning appear.
Dapple Grey: Albino Layer (on the bottom) + FaceSkinPigment Layer + Black Layer (on top) -> Simply use a fuzzy-edged, round eraser brush with 40% opacity and delete the "Dapples" (or simply use a dapple brush for your eraser: Dapple Brushes
/ Dappled Brush Preset
New Coat Color Dark/Liver Chestnut: Switch visibility of "Chestnut" and "Black" layer on, reduce opacity of the "Black" layer to 75%, merge both layers.
New Coat Color Cremello/Perlino: Switch Visibility of "Chestnut" or "Palomino" layer on, reduce opacity of the "Chestnut/Palomino" layer to 20%, to lighten the Skin/Eyes, delete the muzzle/eye area of the Chestnut/Palomino layer, merge both layers.
... and so on!
To create some more basic coat colors with the included greyscale, look here: